Hope gave me the letter T. I get to think of ten things that start with T that I love.
1) Twizzlers–Who doesn’t love Twizzlers? I like to tie them in little knots and then eat them that way.
2) Twilight–NO, not the book series, the time of day. I love sunset, and I love the lazy beauty of the last moments of daylight.
3) Thinking–I live insidse my head far too much. But I have a constant internal dialogue, I am always churning something over nad over and over again. My favorite thing to do first thing in the morning, as long as something hasn’t gone catastrophically wrong the night before, is to lay in bed quietly and just let my mind wander.
4) Teachers–I’m trained to be one, but I don’t like the administrative side of the job, however, I have always loved and admired teachers. When I say that I mean those who are teachers by profession AND those who answer the divine calling in less formal ways.
5) Thunder–I LOVE a good Thunder storm. We don’t get many (hardly any) in Washington, but long about mid-summer, and fall I crave them. I find them incredibly therapeutic. A good thunderstorm sometimes airs out all the pent-up emotions I keep stored inside of me if I follow it long enough. Husband and I used to very informally chase them during college so that we could sit and watch them together.
6) Tea–I do love and adore tea. Hot tea, not cold. I especially love ‘dessert’ type flavors. When I have a sweet tooth (which is constantly), sometimes a good brewed cup of tea will take care of it. I don’t like fruity flavors, or dark flavors, and I stick to herbal teas most of the time, but I love tea.
7) Theory–When it comes to science-y stuff, I’m almost always stymied by the math. BUT I love the theory behind science. I can’t DO physics because the numbers and formulas freak me out, but I loved understanding the theories behind it all.
8) Trucks–Small ones, to be specific. My first vehicle was a Chevy S-10, and I LOVED it. Dad still has it and I literally hug it every time I’m home. I love being a girl driving a truck. The Flaming Goobermobile (AKA our Mini-van) is fine and dandy for now, but when empty-nestness is my lot, I want a small truck to drive again.
9) Treats–I love treats. I give myself lots of treats every day. I have to work hard to not think of treats as only edible things. So I ‘treat’ myself with baths, and lotions that smell good, and books, and time to read, also tea as mentioned above. But I also love the sweet ones–cookies, candy (gosh my weakness is so candy. It’s really ridiculous), ice cream, you name it.
10) Trees (I erased Tator-tot casserole to put this one in because I couldn’t believe I forgot it!!!!)–I have always loved Trees. In High School, my friend Carla asked which tree I would be if I could be a tree. I thought long and hard. My special verses in the Bible are Jeremiah 17:7-8: Blessed are those who trust in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. They shall be like a tree planted by water, sending out its roots by the stream. It shall not fear when heat comes, and its leaves shall stay green; in the year of drought it is not anxious, and it does not cease to bear fruit. That’s what I hope to be when I grow up. And that was a good perspective straightener for the morning too!
So…. Does anyone want a letter to write your own list of love?